You try to acces ReportingServices ReportManager or ReportServer from your browser or from your ASP.Net web app and get the following message (kind of):
“User ‘ZEUS\trux” does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.”
I installed ReportingServices on native mode with default settings, running under System/Network Service account.
Also did the following while trying to solve this problem, but didn’t work:
Start –> Administrative Tools –> Computer Management. Then Under Local Users and Groups you will see the screen below. Add the NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users to the SQLServerReportServerUser group
- First of all and the most important, “Disable UAC on Windows 7” and reboot your PC.
- Run IE as Administrator and add “http://ZEUS” to Trusted Sites.
- Running IE as Administrator, go to “http://ZEUS/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx”, then to Folder Configuration, Add New Role Assignment, add user “trux” as Content Manager
- Then, go to Site Settings/Security/Add New Role Assignment, add user “trux” as System Administrator.
- Now you can open IE as a normal user to access Reporting Services.
- Test you can access ReportServer and ReportManager from your browser and from your ASP.Net apps.
- Test you can deploy to ReportServer.
- Now, “Enable UAC on Windows 7”, and reboot your PC.
- Test your ReportServer and ReportManager.
- You’ll be asked for your Windows credentials.
- It should work now.
Steps to solve SSRS SQL 2008 R2 User Access Control (UAC) Permission Error
UAC Windows 7 (Home Prem) 64 bit and SQL 2008 r2 (10.50.1600.1) 64 bit
How to install SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services on a Windows Vista-based computer
Turn User Account Control on or off
Configure a Report Server for Local Administration on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
How to fix Reporting Services permissions are insufficient for performing operation (rsAccessDenied)
SSRS 2008 – The permissions granted to user ‘computer\username’ are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)